A Division Leader is the commanding officer of a Division. The position of Division Commander is usually held by a LTC. or higher. As commanding officer, he or she exercises full command and control over the unit and may exercise Nonjudicial punishment (Article 15) authority over unit personnel. A Division command is usually considered a prestigious assignment. Usually, a Division executive officer and a Division Sergeant Major are assigned to assist the battalion commander and are vital to his or her success in commanding the unit.
The Division Leader is responsible of the following duties;
- Lead the Division by example and ensure a positive gaming environment.
- Responsible for Discipline, Moral and Recruitment and Retention.
- Reviewing Division reports he receives from the Division sergeant major.
- Transmitting various reports to the command staff.
- Relay information transmitted to him from the chain of command to the personnel under his command.
- Perform administrative duties and paper work associated with his Division. (ex: Nonjudicial punishment (Article 15), commendation)
Current Officer in Charge(OIC)