Bravo Company & Company Level Positions/Duties
To establish the standard operating procedure (SOP) for promotions within Bravo Company. These are expectations that will be followed and enforced.
This SOP applies to Bravo Company Leadership.
- 1. The Commander is responsible for:
- (I) Writing recommendations and citations for promotion. Submitting PAFs for all promotions of O-1 and above.
- (II) Voting on the Executive board in the Division HQ.
- 2. The First Sergeant (1SG) is responsible for:
- (I) Approving all promotions from E-3 to E-4.
- (II) The 1SG will be in charge of evaluating who should be promoted/demoted. The first sergeant must come to the CO and tell him/her who needs to be promoted/demoted, and then provide reasons as to why. The Commander will agree or disagree, and submit a PAF with the following information:
- (III) Writing recommendations and citations for promotion. Submitting PAFs for all promotions of E5 and above.
- (IV) The 1SG is responsible for ensuring that his/her Platoon Sergeants are completing their duties. Should any PSGs not be doing their jobs to standard, the 1SG and PSG will discuss if any problems affecting their community post from real life or from within the community. They will come to an agreement on how to fix the performance of the PSG. Reoccurring problems/failures will likely lead to the 1SG taking actions to replace the member in the post.
- (V) The 1SG will be in charge of developing all subordinate NCOs down to the squad level. The 1SG will work with subordinate NCOs to develop their basic Right to Rebel knowledge, as well as getting them ready for their next promotion and future posts. The 1SG will approve all promotions from E-3 to E-4, and have heavy input into all other promotions in the Company through the Commander.
- (VI) The 1SG will not be responsible for personally seeding or playing games in their Company, however they should have basic knowledge of games in their Company. The 1SG will be responsible for making sure their subordinate leadership is actively seeding and being in control of their respective platoons.
(I) Promotions from Recruit through Private will be handled by S4 recruiters. No actions needed.
(II) All Bravo Company members will be able to promote E-1 through E-4 with no admin/job requirement. Members are required to pass the E-4 Leadership test (formerly known as the corporal test), which will be graded by S1 Division Administration.
(III) The 1SG will approve all promotions from E-3 to E-4. If the 1SG cannot comment/see the PAF in regards to the member seeking promotion, the Company Commander will ask the 1SG if he/she approves/denies the member’s promotion. Should the 1SG deny the promotion, the member will have to wait 1 to 2 months until the can reapply.
(IV) Promotion from E-4 to E-5 requires approval from the Executive Board. Once approved, the member will take the Sergeants test. The member is required to pass. Failure will require 2 – 4 weeks wait period before the test can be taken again. The test will be graded by S1 Division Administration. This promotion requires the member be accepted into a leadership position.
(V) Promotion from E-5 to E-6 requires minimum time in Grade and recommendation from the Commander, a recommendation from the XO to the Commander, or a recommendation from the 1SG to the Commander. The Commander will submit a PAF along with a citation of why they deserve the promotion.
(VI) Promotion from E6 to E7 requires the position of Platoon Sergeant within Bravo Company. The rank and position will come as a package for qualifying senior E6s. The 1SG will give the Commander their input for this promotion.
(VII) Promotion from E6/E7 to O-1 requires the position of Platoon Leader within Bravo Company. The rank and position will come as a package for qualifying senior E6/E7s. The 1SG will give the Commander their input for this promotion.
(VIII) Promotion from O-1 to O-2 requires a minimum time in grade along with stellar performance. This promotion requires recommendation from the Commander, a recommendation from the XO to the Commander, or a recommendation from the 1SG to the Commander. An executive board will approve/deny this promotion. The 1SG will give the Commander their input for this promotion.
(IX) Demotions that are the result of disciplinary actions will follow the guidance provided by the disciplinary party. Demotions that are the result of stepping down from a position within the community will not occur; as in stepping down will no longer result in the loss of your rank. Instead, you will be put into the Officer’s Reserve Pool for 60 – 90 days. During that time you will be eligible to find a position within the community that fits your interests, time commitment, and rank. Failure to find a position will result in a demotion to the corresponding NCO rank. O-1 and O-2 will demote to E-6 and E-7, O-3 will demote to E-8. NCO’s will not lose rank due to stepping down from a position, however, they are encouraged to help the community any way they can.
Commander's/First Sergeants Guidance
- 1. The chain of command will be followed.
- 2. Reapplication to the Executive boards will require approval from the Commander if it is your second attempt at promotion for the same rank. You will have to wait 30 days to reapply for promotion E-5 and up. Waivers can be granted from the Division Commander, or higher.
- 3. Division Leader may grant exception to policy at any time.
- 4. The Community Leader's word is final.